Participation of R&D DREAMS at the International Conference on Ecohydrology, Soil and Climate Change – EcoHCC’14
- General information
- The 3rd edition of the International Conference on Ecohydrology, Soil and Climate Change – EcoHCC’14 will be held in Tomar (Portugal) from 10 to 12 September 2014 (http://www.ecohcc.ipt.pt).
The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers in the areas of Climate, Ecohydrology, Soils, Environment and Water with the aim of sharing experiences and promoting the integration of these themes as a multidisciplinary framework.
- Special Issue
- We are pleased to inform that a Special issue of PCE – Physics and Chemistry of the Earth (Elsevier Journal) will be devoted to the publication of the papers actually presented at the Conference http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physics-and-chemistry-of-the-earth/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-3rd-international-conference-on-ecohydrolog/.
- The conference will mainly focus on a number of topics
- Water resources and water management.
- Water quality and hydrobiology.
- Environmental policies and social impacts.
- Operational and dynamic hydrology. Ecohydrology.
- Soil degradation and soil quality. Soil functions and Land Use.
- Earth System Science, climate change and extreme events.
- Techniques and approaches in geosciences: biostatistics, remote sensing, GIS and modelling.
- Registration and abstract submission
- The format of this meeting will evolves plenary talks, special sessions and parallel sessions with contributed talks. Participants will have the opportunity to attend (pre-registration mandatory) to two short workshops on Geostatistics and Geographical modelling of natural resources using GIS ( http://www.ecohcc.ipt.pt/?script=short_workshops).